There are a number of apps available to let someone know you’ve arrived safely at your destination. Many are free. What I’ve discovered about the free ones is, you first have to tell someone where you’re going, and then he or she has to pay attention to make sure you arrived safely. Here’s what I don’t like about that approach:
- I may not want to tell you where I’m going. It feels too “Big Brother-ish”.
- I definitely don’t want you to be concerned during my travel as to whether or not I’ve arrived.
- If you’ve become distracted and I don’t arrive safely, I have to rely on your remembering at some point to sound the alarm.
- This type of “help” can really be accomplished by text messaging.
Here’s what I want to be able to do. It’s accomplished by the All Clear System, and it isn’t free – but it IS reasonably priced.
- Enter the address of my destination and how long it should take me to arrive into my IOs or Android phone. It’s uploaded to a cloud service, and not broadcast to others.
- Start the timer as I leave.
- End the timer when I arrive safely.
I haven’t bothered anyone with my destination or travel plans. However, if I do not notify the All Clear System when I arrive, text notifications (or email, or phone) are sent, along with a snapshot of the GPS position of the phone, to my emergency contact(s). Then the travel plan can be retrieved from the cloud service and appropriate action taken.
For real estate visits, or home health visits –
- Enter the address of the meeting and the expected time. You may want to take a snapshot of your client’s car tag or driver’s license. This is uploaded to a cloud service, and not broadcast. It remains confidential unless circumstances require action.
- Start the timer when the meeting/open house/showing begins.
- End the timer when appropriate.
If you don’t notify the All Clear System, or extend the time, notifications are sent to your emergency contacts, along with a snapshot of your last known position. The meeting details you uploaded can then be retrieved for law enforcement.
It can be used for teenagers who travel to or from a part-time job, especially at night, giving parents greater peace of mind. Banks, credit unions, real estate agents, home health care workers, pizza delivery drivers – there are many uses for it.
This system doesn’t take the place of common sense, but it can add an important layer of safety to your life, or the lives of your employees or families. Don’t confuse it with the free apps you can download – this is much more powerful, and the creators have the patents to prove it!
It is available for companies as well as individuals. Contact Sandy at Valuetec (email@example.com, or 720-235-5405) for details and pricing.